Saturday, October 8, 2011

Just happy


I have had an enjoyable day. Really nice. Without the newsletter hanging over me, I went to Barnes and Noble and had coffee with my friend Tami and then we browsed in the clearance bins. I found some fun things there, for instance, a wire little basket thing that is supposed to be used for lockers for high school I guess but I got one for the fridge and I think I may go back and get more. I picked up a few magazines and I splurged on a copy ATLAS SHRUGGED by Ayn Rand. I read that 20 years ago and really, really liked it. I would like to see how it holds up for me now. When I'll read it....I'm not sure yet. Much on the TBR. Tami and I said we'll maybe make a habit of doing that every couple weeks -- after pay day.

I'm currently reading the nonfiction by Ron Suskind, as I mentioned, CONFIDENCE MEN and I'm maybe getting halfway through it now but I'm also reading SUP WITH THE DEVIL by Barbara Hamilton. This is 3rd of 3 in series featuring Abigail Adams, the future first lady, married to a rebellious lawyer, in mid-1770s Massachusetts Colony. Here is a summary:

After an attempt on the life of her young nephew Horace, Abigail Adams, wife of attorney John Adams, travels to Harvard to investigate. A mysterious woman hired Horace to translate some Arabic, then left him at the mercy of her henchmen. He survived-with a tale of pirate treasure... Meanwhile one of Horace's fellow students-loyal to the King-is murdered. The Sons of Liberty are desperate to find the rumored gold, but Abigail wants the truth. For the Devil's treasure comes with a curse that could bring down anyone, regardless of where their allegiance lies.

It was published last week and 336 pages.

I've also been working on cleaning out my office this afternoon. That is a huge endeavor. Papers, CDs, books and books and books and computer parts. I'll continue that tomorrow.

Next weekend is the Friends of the Library sale. I don't know yet if I'll figure out a way to take some time off from work like I did last year. I'm also going to be very picky in what I get.

Steve has been gone all day coaching a gun class at the gun club. I don't know yet what's for dinner and don't think anything is on tv for me.

It was dark and rainy and lovely again until this afternoon when the sun came out. Bah.

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: