Monday, October 10, 2011

See, that's why I have dogs



I dropped off four boxes of books at the used book store at noon. I had planned on donating to the library but I forgot they were closed today for the holiday. I forgot there was a holiday. So, I am building up some credit there again and I told them that whatever they didn't want to keep, they could dispose of as they'd like. Of course, you can't really tell that four boxes of books came out of my office. Ugh.

Glad the day got over with at work. I got home and Ryker, who is always so glad to you see you he jumps up at you, got me with two of his claws on the side of my face/chin area. That hurt but went away eventually. Then, while walking in the field, I found one of the few patches of mud and managed to slip as I was trying to avoid it/work my out of it and totally creamed the side of my pants. Really ugh.

Dinner was okay, no mishaps, did the dishes, no catastrophes. Printed some paperbackswap.com mailing thingys after finding the driver for the printer for the computer. I'll have to mail them at lunch tomorrow.

I think I'll be going to the Friends of the Library preview night on Thursday. You just have to renew your membership for like $10, listen to a boring meeting, then you get first shot at the books for two hours. May be worth it, especially if I'm not able to get away from work on Friday morning. It's always a madhouse both the preview night and the Friday morning but also fun and hot. I never really really find what I'm looking for -- more historical mysteries for my collection -- but I manage to find some things.

It's after 8 now. With no mail today -- damn government holiday -- I don't have a WSJ to read but I do have plenty of other things. In between calls today, I made an impromptu list of just the fiction I have to read in my next in series and upcoming new releases. At the rate I'm reading (about 5 per month and probably slower now), I'm set for the rest of the year and then some without even trying and have the majority on hand already. And in nonfiction? If I say one per month, I've got a half a year or so. And that's just the immediate, closer of the Mount TBRs. I could say I really don't need any more books but then I wouldn't be a book addict, let alone a monster, now would I?

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: