Sunday, October 30, 2011



The problem with 14-day books is that they are set free from the library on their schedule and not on yours. They are books that in some way or other you want to read but they show up not necessarily when you want to read them. I'm very much a mood reader. I want to read what I want to read when I feel like reading it, not when someone else tells me I can read it only at that time. It's like having to eat something that you normally like quite a bit like lasagna but you can only have it right now when really all you want is a bowl of soup and a grilled cheese sandwich because anything else will make you sick. Bah.


I went through a couple boxes of books in the closet downstairs and found a bunch more of the Robbs (a good news-bad news kind of thing). I don't know what happened to my Katherine Kurtz books. I may have a solution to my not enough room problem, I mean, really, I have another bookcase in the garage waiting for me but it's a matter where to put the darn thing and then getting Steve to help move it. I've asked him to mow the back yard for two months now and it hasn't happened yet.


We watched Captain America last night. The man is just pretty to look at, especially in that first shirtless scene when he's been changed from 98-pound weakling to muscleman. It is actually a good film and I look forward to The Avengers movie next summer that combines all of them, including Robert Downey Jr as Ironman.


The Cowboys play against the Eagles tonight; Steve will watch his yucky zombie show. I haven't actually done much reading this weekend. Why is that?


Tomorrow at work I'll be dressing up somewhat as a Pink Lady from the movie Grease. One of the ladies there REALLY wanted this to happen so I made it happen. Sigh. I don't know if I'll get a chance to stop by here tomorrow night with the rush to walk the dogs and get dinner done before the potential trick-or-treaters show up. It takes two people at our house: one to answer the door and one to hold the dogs. I'm a door answerer.


Happy All Hallows Eve Eve

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: