Friday, October 28, 2011


TGIF

Man, I started out cranky today and I don’t know why. I finally got out of it in the afternoon by listening to music on Pandora: The Beatles, The Who, Pink Floyd, Electric Light Orchestra, Wings, etc.

I have Say Yes to the Dress to watch tonight. I’m not sure what I’m in the mood to read; I feel a little aimless at sea in my mind though I have more than plenty from which to choose, including four from the library.

This weekend, I’m not sure; there are no set plans. I have projects I could do for sure like finishing going through the bookshelves to weed them out. I only completed A thru H last weekend.

I wrote another letter to the editor that will be in the paper sometime in the next month. Here's a preview:

Thomas Jefferson wrote: “If a monarchist be in office, anywhere, and it be known to the President, the oath he has taken to support the Constitution imperiously requires the instantaneous dismission of such officer; and I hold the President criminal if he permitted such to remain. To appoint a monarchist to conduct the affairs of a republic, is like appointing an atheist to the priesthood.”

Earlier this year, Obama indicated that he would bypass Congress when he felt it necessary in order to achieve his goals. In July, the President admitted that it is “very tempting” to do things his own way. He later made similar assertions before the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, “There are times where — until Nancy Pelosi is Speaker again — I’d like to work my way around Congress.” The New York Times reported that the Obama administration was considering the extensive use of executive orders to advance his environmental, fiscal, energy, and domestic policy agendas, even though it is not the constitutional role of the executive branch to create laws. Most recently Mr. Obama’s jobs proposal was the subject of his frustration after Senate blocked it (including some Democrats) and has made plans to circumvent those messy legalities.

The Constitution created a system of checks and balances for an express purpose: it balances the US in the center between monarchy (tyranny) and anarchy, never to go too far one way or the other. You made an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America, President Obama, you must abide by it.

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: