Saturday, October 29, 2011

Spooooooky





I have not really set the world on fire today in terms of accomplishing things. Time is just slipping by. The boys got me up while it was still dark at 7:15. I took them to the field but in their own ways they each were bad: Coda took off like a rocket -- I guess after a rabbit -- and wouldn't come back. Ryker set on another dog we encountered but he came to me pretty quickly. Grr.





I got notice for my first Kindle book from the library so I had to figure out how to get that onto the device. I clicked things and managed to do it but I couldn't tell you how to do it smoothly at this point. I've got it for 14 days; it's a nonfiction book you wouldn't be interested in. It's called AFTER AMERICA: Get Ready for Armageddon by Mark Steyn.





I've been doing the usual laundry and vacuuming. I took a stab at working on my bookshelves but I've gotten stuck in the Rs (working backward from Z). Too many "R" authors and I'm not making more room at this point. Right now I have to consider whether to keep the Rendells or not -- will I really read them some day? Maybe, but maybe not, I don't know. And I'm not sure where all my JD Robbs are. But I have created another raft of books to be gotten rid of in the near future.





Tonight, Cops isn't on and we've completed the Strike Back series available but we have Captain America DVD to watch. We saw it in the theatre but Steve lurved it so much we're watching it again now that it's released. I'm making nachos again for dinner since they turned out so well last weekend. This time, though, the dogs will not be partaking of any hamburger.





Say Yes to the Dress was interesting last night: a bride bought a $34k dress. Holy cow. And her mom had said she'd spend unlimited, even $100k if she had to. Whoa. Crazy. I imagine the sales people work partially on commission -- that would be a good one to go home with, eh.



It has been blasted windy today, nasty windy. Blowing the leaves off but shaking the house too. Blech. No snow though.



I got the Halloween candy out, separating them into two bowls: the not-so-liked-stuff-that-can-be-given-out-first (like Baby Ruths) and keeping the good stuff for us (Reeses, Butterfingers, etc). We just don't know what kind of night it will be. Two holidays ago we ran out of candy; last year we only about 8 kids.





All right, off you go. My dryer is done; I have to go make the bed now.





Much love,


PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: