Tuesday, October 4, 2011

there are days like that


Rough day at work, short a couple of people.

I got groceries after work, went to Albertsons, and between coupons and store specials, I saved $67. I made a couple mistakes with the coupons but it was my first time doing it and I'm learning. :)


Steve has a board meeting tonight. I've been catching up on emails. I think Steve got a couple new computers for work and got me a new one as well to replace the office box. I'm not big on fancy graphics, I just want blazing fast internet processing. :)


I picked up the new Barbara Hamilton book today, SUP WITH THE DEVIL. Her protagonist is Abigail Adams. I don't usually like real life people to be sleuths but I love the American Revolution time period so I like the series. I don't know if I'll start it tonight. I'm hoping to keep going with the Suskind book. I also have Kindle arcs via Netgalley of the new Laurie R King and Margaret Maron to read. Uff da. I won't really mention all the nonfiction books I have, either.
I need to really really read the WSJ. I didn't last night so I have two to read tonight and it's already after 8:00.

Chris Christie announced (again) that he's not running for Pres. Yay! The more I learn about him the more I don't like. He believes in global warming and would like to shut down coal production. Yikes. Christie was beginning to sound like Favre to me -- he's in, no he's out, wait he's in, no really he's out.... There's plenty of candidates who DO want the job. Cain is the guy for me, I've decided. I'm a little nervous about 9-9-9 but at least it's a flat tax.


Gotta go.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: