Thursday, December 13, 2012

Always. Almost always I prefer to read.


Ohhhh. By the end of Thursdays, I'm tired of talking to people about their accounts, their problems, their venting, their attitudes .... I'm ready to be done by Thursday. Friday is like an extra day tacked on, like a day spent at the airport, non-time. Thursday I'm fighting; Friday I'm resigned but there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Tomorrow, Friday, will be a little bit shorter because of the Christmas party. But I have to go to Walmart, and Petsmart and walk the dogs before dark. Yeah.

I finished the Todd book last night. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It is funny, I described the book I was reading to a friend at work who also reads and to whom I've lent books. I described it as set just after WWI and she said "That's kind of late for you, isn't it?" Bwa haha! She knows my historical mystery tastes usually run much earlier. About the furthest into the 20th century I'll go is the 1930s. WWII stuff doesn't really do it for me though there are a plethora of books now in that era.

I'm not sure yet what to read next. I have the Fiona Buckley Elizabethan hist-myst. I also have a Kindle thriller, actually two short ones to read. Tons of nonfiction. I don't know what I'm in the mood for [making tasting noises].

I don't think there's anything on TV tonight but it would be nice to spend some time with Steve unless he'd like to play his computer game. Then I will for certain read either WSJ or do some sampling.

Have a lovely evening...

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: