Saturday, December 8, 2012

Coda does this to me all the time -- climbing on my lap



Oh a lazy Saturday. I did walk the dogs this morning and vacuum and do laundry. Otherwise, I finished the Ellison book and took a nap and have been reading news on the Internet.

The cold front is socked in for a few days and a wind started this morning and then snow. It was hunker down time.

Now that I finished the Ellison book I'm auditioning what is next. I have two library books in the queue. One, a book-book, is by Fiona Buckley called QUEEN WITHOUT A CROWN. This is from her Elizabethan series that came out this year after a break since 2004. And I was notified an hour ago of a digital Kindle book from the library, the first of the first series by Charles Todd, A TEST OF WILLS, that I have been meaning to try. So, both will be read eventually; the Todd book is only 14 days and the clock is ticking now and the Buckley is also a 14-day book but I think I can renew it. I will test run both of them this weekend.

Steve has indicated he might want take out for dinner tonight. From Jake's. He apparently has a hankering for chicken fried steak. I called and they will NOT do Reubens on the weekend. I can't tell you how not happy that makes me. I can't find a menu of theirs online so I don't really know what my other choices are but I did have that good pasta dish on our anniversary. I can't remember the name of it but maybe I can describe it and they'll know. Sigh. I really want a Reuben from there.  But .... I don't have to come up with dinner and Steve will go get it so I can't complaint too loudly.

I'm putting the clip of Trevin Hunte from this past week's The Voice. This 18-year-old kid makes me cry, his voice is so good.  Enjoy.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster


No comments: