Saturday, December 15, 2012

Stealthy ninja cat



I ran a couple errands today. I had to stop by Jakes because the takeout dinner we had last night was missing the soup that Steve ordered and the salad that I was supposed to have didn't look like a salad. It looked like a head of lettuce with four cucumbers lying beside it. Haven't gotten it resolved yet. Only the assistant manager was there who took my name and number and I haven't heard back.

Then I went to a bible book store. I'm looking for a bible that is the most accurate to the original languages. After looking around -- and mind you this is a store that specializes in bibles and Christian items -- the clerk I asked about it (A Douay-Rheims version perhaps) looked at me like I had two heads. She had no idea what I was talking about.

Then I went to the used book store. I haven't been there in ages. The owner even came up to say hi and said wow it's been forever. I found a couple things but I didn't spend all day there like I could have.

Otherwise today I've done the chores and started the deeper cleaning for Christmas dinner here.

I'm currently reading THE SANCTITY OF HATE by Priscilla Royal. This is 9th of 9 in series featuring Eleanor, Prioress of Tyndal, in 11th century East Anglia, England.  Here is a description:

The corpse of an unpopular newcomer floats in the priory millpond. A Jewish family, refugees under the 1275 Statute of the Jewry, is accused. Did Jacob ben Asser kill him or was it Gytha, the prioress' maid? Even Prioress Eleanor now wonders if she wants to unmask the killer.

It was published in December 2012 and has 250 pages. This is a library book.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster





No comments: