Saturday, December 1, 2012

Makes much more sense



Ran some errands today. I stopped by Barnes and Noble -- of course Saturdays during Christmas season is the exact worst time to be there especially when they have some kind of little kid program -- and used my birthday gift card to get a couple books on herbs. I'd like to learn more. Then to Petsmart to get dog food. My bad timing there was that they had reservation puppies out front that they were trying to get adopted. There was a two year old guy named Darrel that I REALLY wanted. I walked away sadly. Then I went to Walmart to get groceries.

I'll do more chores tomorrow, the ones I didn't get to today. I still need to get the laundry out of the dryer and make the bed. I'm not absolute on what we're having for dinner. I've got homemade nachos in mind but if Steve wants to bring home something I won't fight him. Nothing really on TV tonight but I would maybe like to watch the DVD of Atlas Shrugged Part One.

So, I've started THE BLACK BOX by Michael Connelly. This is 18th of 18 in series featuring Harry Bosch, a homicide detective in Los Angeles. Here is a description:

In a case that spans 20 years, Harry Bosch links the bullet from a recent crime to a file from 1992, the killing of a young female photographer during the L.A. riots. Harry originally investigated the murder, but it was then handed off to the Riot Crimes Task Force and never solved. Now Bosch's ballistics match indicates that her death was not random violence, but something more personal, and connected to a deeper intrigue. Like an investigator combing through the wreckage after a plane crash, Bosch searches for the "black box," the one piece of evidence that will pull the case together.

It was published November 2012 and has 416 pages. I love cold cases and Connelly writes very easy-to-read prose, i.e. smooth. 

Ok, I've got to get the boys fed and make the bed.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: