Thursday, December 27, 2012

Movie reference! Marty Feldman in .....

 
 
 
 
Yeah, a little tired tonight. I gassed Moby at lunch; returned jeans after work at mall; got new jeans at Shiptons. Dinner, clean up ...
 
I'm going to keep this short ("they're all short, PK") because I have to finish a book tonight. I decided to take New Year's Eve off mainly because I'd be the only collector there.
 
I'll leave you with my Top 10 mystery reads of 2012 and a couple disappointments (cross posted on 4MA):
 
The first three on the list were "wow" books for me. The others, I enjoyed.

Tops
THE BEAUTIFUL MYSTERY by Louise Penny
WHEN MAIDENS MOURN by C S Harris
CRIMINAL by Karin Slaughter

DELUSION IN DEATH by JD Robb
DEADLY ENGAGEMENT by Lucinda Brant
THE CROSSING PLACES by Elly Griffiths
A PLACE OF CONFINEMENT by Anna Dean
THE PICCADILLY PLOT/MURDER BY THE BOOK by Susanna Gregory
BRING UP THE BODIES by Hillary Mantel
THE TWELVE by Justin Cronin

Disappointments (aka I want the time back I spent on them):

DEATH COMES TO PEMBERLY by PD James
THE DEAD TRAVEL FAST by Deanna Raybourn

My personal goal for 2012 was to read one nonfiction book a month. I completed 9
and left 5 dangling mostly because I ran out of time or something had to jump
the reading queue and I didn't get back to them. But I loved them all. One of
the best and most enlightening: WHY NATIONS FAIL: The Origins of Power,
Prosperity, and Poverty by Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson. Maybe I'll post the nonfiction books tomorrow. Help me remember.

Overall, with one I'm about to finish soon, I'll have completed 72 books this
year. Not my best; not my worst. Bring on 2013.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

 


No comments: