Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Beginning 070608

It's Sunday morning. The last day of a four-day weekend. I haven't been able to do much of what I truly want to do -- read. Steve's parents invited themselves over for dinner today so much of my weekend has been spent doing a deeper level of cleaning than I typically do. And doing extra grocery shopping, cleaned out the pile of newspapers, and started weeding out my TBR. This morning I baked some lemon bars and I'll do some spot cleaning. But you can see the kitchen table now!

I guess, overall, it hasn't been a bad long weekend. We had dinner at my parents for the 4th, Steve had a shooting tournament yesterday and we were able to sit down and watch a movie (National Treasure 2 -- wasn't that great, unfortunately).

Tonight is pretty much a tv night with HGTV's Design Star and The Next Food Network Star. Silly, I know, but somehow watchable. Even Steve will watch the first one with me.

Reading: I haven't had the time to make much progress in my current read: THE BLACK HAND by Will Thomas. It's the fifth in the hystmyst series featuring Cyrus Barker, a Scottish private enquiry agent, and his assistant, Welshman Thomas Llewelyn, in late 19th century London. Usually enjoyable if borrowing a bit from Sherlock Holmes in terms of character. It should have been a quick read not being very big. Ah well. I have got to read my WSJ. I've spent the past hour or so surfing around the net; I could probably spend my time more productively, eh?

This week: working on thank you letters and grant; Sandi back from vacation. Dinner at boardmember Judy Peterson's on Thursday. Hellboy 2 out on Friday; Steve really wants to see. Volunteering for SummerFair on Saturday.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: