Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday 072208

Tuesday

Yesterday was eventful with the sheriff coming over about Tug scratching the guy's truck which was really his trailer. People can be so antogonistic and money grubbing. May we never see him again. Steve did a good job in talking.

I didn't sleep well last night. I hope this passes uneventfully as well.

Reading: THE DAWN PATROL by Don Winslow. People are raving over it but so far it is so-so. I don't like present tense and it hasn't really connected somehow. I've got to find where I put that audiobook.

Work: yesterday at one point we were going over who could be the entertainment for New Year's Eve. The two that Sandi mentioned were actually not good when we listened to them online. I called Woody and got a list of names who could be within our very small price range and a couple were real possibles. We'll present them to Sandi tomorrow I think as alternatives. With Sandi out of the office today we're listening to music and being rather relaxed. We may go out for lunch. Oh what rebels we are. I put together a fan for my office; sometimes even with some kind of air conditioning going on this old building, it feels stuffy in my office. This should help some. I suppose this winter I'll need to bring in my heater. However, today I don't have to think about that since it's supposed to get up to the mid-90s today.

TV: don't really feel like watching anything though the First 48 is on and The Cleaner looks a little interesting. Early to bed would be good maybe.

While at Walmart yesterday I saw a girl who used to work for me at the photo studio. I believe she saw me and quickly averted her eyes and made like there was no recognition; two strangers passing. I couldn't for the life of me remember her name until puzzling over it ten minutes later. Carrie. I had remembered that she had left to work on an LPN certification. I wonder if she did it and has a good job now. Her daughter has definitely grown up. She must be six-ish now.

Dinner tonight is fish for me, brats for Steve I think. I'm feeling like having a big ol' salad with everything. Should I stop at the grocery store for supplies or just pick up something on the way home?

Is it the weekend yet? I'm ready.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: