Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday 071508

Tuesday

Kinda not feeling well. Started last night coming home from work. Have taken aspirin and herbal immune booster. Just feel yucky and tired. Maybe I'll go to bed early tonight.

Work: meeting with Sandi regarding progress on the Culteral Trust grant went well. She liked most of what I wrote and was helpful in tweaking the verbiage in areas requiring help. I found out about another grant due August 1st to US Bank for a concert sponsorship. They called us asking where it was. Oops. Didn't know about it but will work on it this week as well. I've noticed that Jody B tends to panic and hit the blame button very quickly. The trick with her is to be calm and collected and in control. That's what a leader is and does. Sandi will apparently be out of the office next week on vacation. She gave me a file of previous sponsors so I think maybe she's freeing up on what all I can do here. Yay. She's learning.

Reading: I think I'll read THE KING'S FAVORITE by Susan Holloway Scott. I was wondering if I had read it before but it's a new release this month so it must have been another historical novel about Nell Gwyn and the King. I've read others by this author and I enjoy her writing. I'll have to check my reading journal. Oh, wait I think it was THE PERFECT ROYAL MISTRESS by Diane Haeger of which I was remembering. Oy, you read too many of a certain subject and they all jumble together. I've gotten that way with Anne Boleyn. I love that time period but there's only so many times you can read what happened over such a short period of history and only some can do it well. Still waiting on two new releases from the library: SOUR CHERRY SURPRISE by David Handler (out last week) and SAY GOODBYE by Lisa Gardner (out today). I'm also on the list for THE DAWN PATROL by Don Winslow and TRIBUTE by Nora Roberts.

TV: I don't think I'll watch anything tonight. The Who thing tonight is skippable -- the movie Tommy which I've seen a couple times recently and not all that great in the first place. The First 48 is new but I think not feeling well will trump it other than watching it while having dinner.

A nap would be really good right now. Ah well. Walk Tug, deal with dinner. I don't know yet what I'll be doing with leftover chicken. I could stop at Albertsons and get some potato salad for Steve. Rice sounds good for me or buttered noodles. Yeah maybe.

I have to make a note of a book that sounds interesting but the library doesn't have it so I'll have to decide if I want to purchase it in hardcover. THE FILM CLUB by David Gilmour. Short book for the price apparently so may have to wait on it a bit.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: