Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday 072508

Friday

I'm getting this posting done early in the day before I get too busy and forget about it. So far I haven't missed a day. Yay.

Work: I plan to concentrate on Sponsor-a-Chair renewals. Work is done at 1:00 today and I'm meeting JodyO for lunch at the museum.

Reading: Still not committed to anything. I hope to stop by the library after lunch to pick up a couple things but I still have about 11 other books checked out right now that I'd like to read plus at least 5 from personal TBR I could name right now (but won't). The newest Deadly Pleasures came in the mail yesterday featuring Scandanavian authors in the big article. I still have three issues of Mystery Readers International to read (Historical Mysteries I and II and Irish mysteries). And the WSJ. Aaaaaaaahhhhh! Wish I could give up sleep sometimes to get it all done but sleep is soooooo good. :)

TV: I don't think anything is on for me. I could watch the classic movie I taped the other night. I should read since I didn't get to do any last night. Tomorrow I want to watch a classic but more on that, er, tomorrow.

Shakespeare in the Park was pretty good last night. Alls Well that Ends Well is a strange story though. Why Helena is so in love with a yuckoid like Bertram is unfathomable. The acting was mostly good with a couple standouts. The weather was just about perfect except the wind picked up near the end and I was getting chilly. I wish I could have seen Macbeth if it had been under better conditions venue-wise, but oh well. It was very good to see Barb.

This weekend will be cleaning mostly. It would be nice to do a bike ride with Steve. I should stop by Borders to use the coupon. I think dinners are covered, supply-wise. Will probably spend the morning on the computer since I really don't get to during the week at home. Movies in the theatres, we need to see Batman and XFiles got a good review so maybe that is on the list.

List of quirky movies I absolutely love, I mean stop-the-world I must watch these each and every time (not in order and incomplete) (and not to be confused with romantic movies I love or funny movies I love or adventure movies I love or quirky movies that are just good) Quirky Movies I Love:

Lost in Translation
Gosford Park
Brazil
Strictly Ballroom
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Oh and Fargo.

As they occur to me I'll list more.

Later.....

Lunch was pretty good with JodyO. I had the Mahi Mahi and some noodles but the sweet potato fries were too spicy to eat. Then I went to the library and picked up five books. Then I went to Borders and spent too much time there trying to decide what movie to get with my 40% off coupon only to find out that the coupon didn't work for the type I chose. I'm interested, though now, in the DVD of Brazil with commentary and documentaries, etc. However, I left there a bit miffed. Got home and walked Tug; it was hot out, hoooboy. I've got to make a decision on what to read next; time's a wastin'. I think Steve is picking up the lawn mower today after work. I need to start dinner; I'm trying a box of Chicken Marsala that sounds good; hopefully Steve won't turn up his nose at it. No TV sounds interesting. Keep cool and read. I've got The Who's Who's Next still in my brain. Okay, gotta go cook.


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: