Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday 073108

Wow, this is amazing. http://www.mygazines.com/. I wonder how they're getting away with it. These magazines are copywrited. Enjoy it while you can. This is how I learned about it and maybe how they legally can continue: "Following in the barely legal footsteps of free, peer-to-peer digital magazine sites that have come before it, Mygazines.com, a Web site that enables users to "share" magazines as they would in "a doctors' office, law firm, library and hair salon," launched yesterday. The site already boasts current issues of dozens of magazines, including People, Playboy, Dwell, Domino, Spin, Popular Science, and Esquire."

Work: YES! Got the Cultural Trust grant in certified mail today, a day ahead of deadline. It's off my plate. We didn't get Tester's letter of support in time but it will not be a big loss. Going through the grant files to schedule the next few months; making a map of what is due when. I had a meeting with Sandi, going over the grant stuff.

Reading: I'm going to finish the Hewson, A SEASON FOR THE DEAD. It's suiting my mood and if I'm lucky I can finish it tonight, time enough to get it in July's list. Looking over the list of what I've read in July, there's some good new-to-me series: Alys Clare and Lindsey Davis that I will be continuing on with the rest of the books and a couple beginning of new series authors: Julie Kramer and Deborah Grabien.

TV: Don't think I have anything. Good thing.

Books released in July that I didn't get to yet:
NOX DORMIENDA by Kelli Stanley
FRACTURED by Karin Slaughter
TRIBUTE by Nora Roberts

Books in June I didn't get to yet:
I KILL by Georgio Faletti
SEVERENCE PACKAGE by Duane Swierczyski

Tomorrow, I have to remember to post the August books I'm anticipating -- looks like something every week.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: