Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday 072108

Monday

Work: Grants, pulling together the supplemental materials. This is made a little difficult in that much of the numbers paperwork has to come from Sandi and that is easier said than done.

Reading: I started THE DAWN PATROL by Don Winslow. Here's the Library Review blurb:
San Diego PI Boone Daniels takes on only enough work to pay the bills so he can indulge his passion for surfing. His pals, which make up the "Dawn Patrol," are an offbeat group of characters from all walks of life who share the same passion for serious surfing. When an arson witness goes missing, an attractive insurance company lawyer enlists Boone's help in finding her. Against his better judgment, Boone signs on and finds himself in the middle of much bigger things than arson. With his short chapters and gritty dialog, former private investigator Winslow knows how to keep the pace fast and the interest high. Several subplots make the main story line even more compelling; the whole narrative plays out against a coming "swell"—the big waves that surfers dream about.
Here's the first line: " The marine layer wraps a soft silver blanket over the coast." Must really truly read the WSJ. And my film and mystery magazines.

TV: TV night tonight. The Closer on TNT, Jon & Kate Plus 8 on The Learning Channel, and Paranormal Kids on A&E if I remember.

Overall, it was a good weekend. I read four books, got cleaning done, went to a movie, watched tv that I wanted, took naps when needed, walked Tug more than once a day. Only thing I didn't do is bike and read my mags.

I have to get groceries at Walmart after work so Steve will have to walk the beast today. I'm listening to Who's Next right now. So good.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: