Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday 071308

Sunday

I was pretty worn out after yesterday's Summerfair. I wound up pulling garbage duty with Blayde. I've got some aching muscles but overall it wasn't too bad -- we zipped around in a golf cart every few minutes checking out the cans and I didn't have to answer questions for people that I didn't have answers for since I wasn't involved as deeply this year. It went very well -- I believe they are going to break attendance records this year -- the fantastic weather is a huge contributor that. The down side is that from the behind the scenes POV, it felt more chaotic than last year, but not my problem. I bought a pair of simple silver earings and a hanging/twirly thingy that was the hit of the fair. I was tempted by photography by Scott Wheeler, artwork created by pressed flowers that was actually pretty amazing, and some fractal art. http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2008/07/13/news/local/26-summerfair.txt

Today I'm doing the cleaning I usually do on Saturdays: laundry, vacuuming, etc. But I believe there is a nap in my near future since Tug got me up at 6:15 this morning, per usual. I swear, the dog waits as long as he possibly can once the sun starts to come up but then just can't control himself anymore. He must get his drive to get the paper ASAP! He's on a schedule or something.

I had very strange dreams last night. One was about me getting pregnant and very upset about it (naturally!) because Steve and I chose not to do this but it happened anyway. Very disturbing. Shoot, I had another weird one after that but now it's faded.

Reading: I finally finished THE BLACK HAND! That it took a week to read for such a smaller book is ridiculous but there it is. Next up, I'll have to look through the books I've checked out from the library or Mount TBR while I wait for new releases. SOUR CHERRY SURPRISE by David Handler was out last Tuesday but nothing yet from the library. The library is getting rather slow with their new releases it almost makes me want to buy the books myself but there are probably too many overall and I just couldn't afford that. (sigh)

Other things I would like to get to reading are about a week's worth of WSJs, two issues of Mystery Reader's Journal -- both about historical mysteries, my favorite -- and I haven't finished the latest Mystery News. For work, I need to look through the Chronical of Philanthropy, the Western Business News, and the other arts publications I've gotten from work.

Reading projects I'd like to get going on include copying my reading lists to the new blank book I got this week.

TV: Tonight is booked with HGTV's Design Star and The Food Networks Star plus one of the VH1 channels is doing a week of The Who before their honors on Thursday that I would like to catch. The week is loaded with premieres as well but more on that later.

Work note: I am probably going to have to buy a laptop so I can setup my presentation for MNA. Though I prefer Dell computers in general, the cheapest I can find looks like an HP for just under $500 with no bells and whistles.

I'm caught up on 4MA digests. There's no posting from Sarah Weinman to read. The dryer has stopped so I need to go make the bed and switch around my laundry loads. Sounds like Steve is fixing the front water faucet. Later I'll walk Tug and figure out what to make for dinner.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: