Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday 071408

Monday

Work: Oy, my brain is tired. Working on the narrative for the Cultural Trust grant. Most of it is there now, I just have to fine tune it. I'm meeting with Sandi tomorrow on it. The grant is my project this week. But I do have a headache right now.

Reading: Well, to make up for lost time during the past week, I read a book yesterday afternoon, which kind of tells you about the depth of the story. FORTUNE LIKE THE MOON by Alys Clare is the first in the series featuring Abbess Helewise and Sir Josse d’Acquin at the Hawkenly Abbey in England during the 12th century. It wasn't bad, just a quick-ish read; I'll read the second sometime later to see if the series is worth it. It's one I have in my personal TBR so no rush I think. Next, I'll have to look through my TBR again while I wait for SOUR CHERRY SURPRISE. Possibilities include Stephen Booth, Lindsay Davis, or Linda Fairstein. Oh and that darned WSJ every day. I love it but oh how it is always needing to be read.

TV: Tonight is the season premiere of The Closer on TNT. Good series, unfortunately it's on at the same time as Jon & Kate Plus 8 which I'll have to tape. The Who stuff on VH1 tonight is something I already have on DVD of so I won't have that conflict.

It's 90-something degrees out now and I have to walk Tug when I get home. Poor baby is in a fur coat but "later" isn't in his vocabulary. I think I'll make buffalo burgers for dinner with Velveeta shells. Tug, dinner, tv, reading ... the extent of my evening.

I'm going through my old blog entries from October 1999 to October 2000 to find any listings of what I was reading so I can fill in gaps in my reading journal. Amazing stuff in it; I was really searching for meaning back then. I will have to spend more time with it after I get done looking for books.

I had a strange dream this morning. I woke up at 5 to use the bathroom and had another hour to sleep when I had the dream. I was making a movie, maybe with Tom Cruise (yuck). We were filming a stunt: a trailer truck had to turn sharply into a fenced parking lot and go a little ways before hitting something and crashing or exploding. The two actors were on the top of the truck. I was hanging from some belts or something on the side and in the turning into the parking lot I was to be "flung" and land with a rolling motion and wind up on my stomach looking toward the action. The first couple times didn't work because the driver wasn't going fast enough or wouldn't commit to the final crash and it was discovered that he wasn't the real stunt driver -- his name was similar to the real guy and this one somehow got in because he wanted to meet stars or be in a movie or something. The next try of the stunt had to call stop because there was a supply truck in the shot that wasn't supposed to be there. I can't remember what happened after that. Weird.

See ya tomorrow...

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: