Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday 071108

Friday:

I love surfing the net and going to places I've never been. Jumping from link to link and finding new treasures is fantastic. I think I have Internet ADD, and an info junkie, in addition to whatever the term is for being a collectaholic of links. I don't have time to absorb all the info I've saved to favorites but they're there for whenver the mood hits me for that topic. Sometimes I'm in the mood for news, other times for books and writers, other times I'm looking at movies, marketing, economics, politics, gossip, recipes, etc.

This is something I found today: A list of the 50 most influential female bloggers -- according to someone:
http://northxeast.com/general/nxe%E2%80%99s-fifty-most-influential-female-bloggers

While playing with the above list and following the clicker from site to site I discovered this: Media Profs Daily Fix.
http://www.mpdailyfix.com/

The other day I came across this: ProPublica: Journalism in the Public Interest
http://www.propublica.org/

There is just so much out there and so many have valid things to learn or consider.

Work: Thankfully a short day today (done at 1:00 for the summer on Fridays). My mind is mush for anything of depth. The only thing of worth was that I noted all the requirements for the Cultural Trust grant that I'll work on next week. I would like to do some reading for good POV stuff.

TV: I don't think there is anything on that I'm interested in, thank goodness

Reading: Hey, guess what, still working on THE BLACK HAND. I must finish this book this weekend. I have a bunch of WSJ to catch up on as well. ARGH. And I have SO MUCH to read in TBR. I went to B&N last night to look for a book that I read about yesterday that may turn out to be silly but as a paperback it was not too expensive in order to investigate it: THE EXCALIBER MURDER by JMC Blair. I don't know if Merlin as sleuth will work for me but I'll try it although I probably won't get to it anytime soon with so many others to read. I also wanted to get a new blank book so I can make a backup reading journal in case something happens to my current one. I honestly don't want to lose the record of what I've been reading for the past five years. It's only been five years but it is so neat to look back over the pages to see what I've read. I don't go into detail, just a listing of the title and author and maybe a grade. I don't do reviews or much in snippets. I wound up spending a lot of money on an Italian journal in brown leather with a tab to keep it closed. It is sewn so that it opens flat which is a nice feature. I really wanted a very thick one there but it didn't have lined pages and I need that. My current black book is graph paper which I have always absolutely adored for some strange reason. There was also a nonfiction book -- placed with the fiction mysteries so someone at the store didn't know what they were doing -- but I saw it and it looked interesting. THE MONTEFELTRO CONSPIRACY: A Renaissance Mystery Decoded by Marcello Simonetta. Hmm, the library doesn't have it which doesn't surpise me but now I need to decide if I'm interested enough to buy a hardback.

I wish I didn't have to do SummerFair tomorrow, or rather, I wish I could have an extra day of weekend so I could do SummerFair -- which is fun and I'd like to see everyone and do some looking around -- but I also want to just veg out and do nothing for a couple of days. Yes, I have the half day today but I'm sure I'll waste that time napping because I'm so blessed tired today. I'll get home, have lunch, walk Tug, and then probably lay down.

There is a possibility of seeing Hellboy 2 tonight since it is opening and Steve wants to see it badly. I'm wondering if it would be nicer to wait until next weekend to get past the rush of kids and we hopefully don't have as much to do (Steve I think is not doing Big Sky State Games this year -- yay!).

UPDATE: OMG I'm going to be speaking at the Montana Nonprofit Association conference in September. It will be 90 minutes on ephilanthropy. I'm scared and excited at the same time. I'm shaking with both. I'll base it off of my thesis I did earlier this year. I have to send it to Theresa at MNA this weekend to see if she likes anything in particular that she wants me to talk about. More in another post.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: