Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday 072608

Saturday

So last night I made (from a box) chicken marsala with noodles. Noticeably, Steve wasn't eating the noodles. Great, I'm thinking, another failed dinner. So after almost 11 years of marriage Steve says he's not really into pasta. What?!!? I cannot begin to express my frustration with the man. So tonight I'm making buffalo burgers with onion soup potatoes and tomorrow I'm making hamburger rice balls and the next night is fish with corn on the cob. So I asked him, in my frustration, what he DOES like and his answer? Baloney. I could hit him.

It's HOT out. I ran to the grocery store a little while ago to get the above side dishes and decided that fudgecicles sounded really good on a hot day like this. I walked Tug early this morning (around 8) because I knew it would be miserable for both of us later in the day. He'll "forget" about the morning walk around 5 this afternoon or the morning walk will have been some kind of "bonus walk" and start whining to go but maybe a quick trip around the neighborhood in the car will suffice. I'm not going out there in 94 degree weather.

Reading: I've started THE DEAD PLACE by Stephen Booth. This is 6th in the series featuring Ben Cooper, a detective constable trying to fill his police sergeant father’s shoes, and new partner, Diane Fry, recently transferred to Edendale’s force, in the Peak District in England. Here is the blurb from Amazon:
Det. Constable Ben Cooper and his boss, Sgt. Diane Fry, pursue a possible serial killer who leaves haunting phone messages—about impending murders, flesh eaters and decomposition—at the Derbyshire police station. Cooper and Fry chase down all sorts of dead ends: a woman who disappears from a local car park, another whose body is found in the woods, and skeletal remains discovered on a hilltop. None of the crimes appears to be the killer's work, but they all may be connected in disjointed ways to a local funeral parlor whose business has dropped off significantly in recent years.

It's a little slow going but then I haven't really put my attention to it wholly.

TV: Steve likes to watch Cops on Saturday nights. I'm interested in a TMC "Essentials" movie, The Bad and the Beautiful with Kirk Douglas and Lana Turner. It starts at 6, though which is a little inconvenient timing. Maybe I can tape it. Pay-per-view has a couple movies I'm interested in as well, The Other Boleyn Girl and Definitely Maybe. But I should read. I have 15 books out from the library. I must read.

Steve was out fixing a door today and then washing the company trucks. Now he says he's heading over to Walmart and then to Ace to pick up the mower (it wasn't fixed when he tried yesterday; they've had it for about three weeks now). I did the usual cleaning and laundry of bedding and towels.

Holy cow, football preseason starts next Sunday. Hooo ha! It's not fall yet, but Fall is my favorite time of the year. Just love it.

I've got a couple 4MA digests yet to read before moving on from the computer. See y'all tomorrow.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: