Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday 073008

It seems like this week is going very slowly. Feels like it should be at least a day further along.

Work: working on spreadsheet for Sponsor-A-Chair. Waiting on letters of support and signature from Tina. Waiting, waiting. I WANT to get that grant out. Going through other grant paperwork to see what kind of timeline I've got for the rest of the year.

Steve left a very nice card for me this morning in the car. I wonder why he thought of it. It's lovely.

We'll be getting new cell phones hopefully Friday and either switching plans to someone new or updating what we've got. Our current contract with Alltel expired so we're shopping around. The good news is that the shop is going to pick up the bill. That will save $100 a month. Every bit helps right now. A cell phone for me doesn't necessarily have to be fancy. I can get by with just a basic, hardy phone with no bells or whistles. I don't need a camera phone, or music, and even though email may be tempting, it's not necessary.

Reading: I started TROPHY EXCHANGE by Diane Fanning. I don't know if it's going to hold up to the first 50 page test. The sample on her website was very compelling but the writing after that seems a little, I don't know, simple. The voice may not be grabbing me right now so I may have to give it up and move on. I see though that I have another hold waiting for me so I'll pick that up later.

TV: I don't think there is anything for me other than Dog the Bounty Hunter but I could leave that. The Cleaner was good last night. I'll probably stick with it. A&E channel is doing some good shows lately.

Walking Tug last night started out very hot but a storm was passing over and it clouded up a bit so it wasn't as bad into it. For today the forecast is looking hot and staying that way. Ugh.

That's it for now.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: