Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bitten off more than I can chew?

Applied for another job online today. This is at Billings Clinic for a manager for one of their departments, I think. It looked like it didn't require a health background so we'll see. I'm trying, anyway.

I want to do a project but I think it may be more than I can do right now. It needs to be done, I know, and will be wonderful if it gets completed. Well, it started very simply: cleaning the corner in the living room with a big pile of books. We may be having company over next week for the holidays and I wanted that area to look better. Then I thought it would be a good time to maybe organize all my books, alphabetically, so I'd know what I have and get rid of any duplicates. But I have HUNDREDS of books. This may be more than I can handle but it would be so great when it is done. One of the problems is that I've had two layers of books in the bookcases since I wasn't really looking at them. But now I want to be able to see what I've got and I know I'll run out of space very quickly. I've got two shelves filled -- without double layering -- and I'm not even done with the "B's". And I've got the books out of those areas and they're everywhere. I don't know. I thought I could put the "A's" and "B's" on one shelf and so on but it's taking up more space than that. I don't know yet. (sigh) Of course, one solution is to weed out things I won't read but how can I really know that? I may want to read them someday. AND what if the publishing industry does collapse and I've gotten rid all these books too hastily? Bother bother bother.

The Steelers play tonight so Steve wants to bring home something "fun" for dinner, I don't know what. But if it takes me off the hook for figuring out dinner, I'm all for it. I watched America's Next Top Model and the one I was for came in second, darnit. I knew the one who was the winner was going to win -- she's super tall and even though her mouth was like a rubber band, she looked very statuesqely modelish. Ah well, it's just tv. :)

I had thought about going to the Museum exhibit opening this evening but JodyO has pneumonia (for real) and won't be there so I don't think I'll be going now. Better to stay home where it's warm and cosy and messy with books. Seriously, I don't have a place to sit down in the living room right now. (sigh) So I really have to do something about it; I can't just walk away from the project now. Ugh.

Still not reading really. How strange for me.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: