Friday, November 14, 2008

TGIF

This will have to be quick again. Sorry, I've got to make dinner in about 10 minutes. We'll see how much I can cram in that time.

Ran a couple errands today - needed to get stamps, etc. Steve had an appointment with his diabetic nurse so I went with. That went very well. He's trying a new type of insulin of the rapid-acting type so we'll see how that goes in the next couple weeks.

I watched Pride and Prejudice last night. Now, this is the newer version with Keira Knightly and Matthew McFadyen. It has always been a version that I avoided because I am so in love with the Colin Firth one. It actually isn't bad. It's shorter of course not being a miniseries but it gets the main points across if a bit quickly. McFadyen does a really fine job of being very serious and Knightly and in fact all the girls are pretty much the right age so it does lend veritude. I liked it. I am now going to watch it with the director's comments - I LOVE that feature on DVDs. This DVD is from the library so I've got it for a couple weeks, I believe.

I've been wanting to watch a lot of DVDs of BBC mysteries but they're not available locally so I finally bit the bullet today and signed up for Netflix's two week free trial to see how it goes. Some things can be viewed right away on your computer so I've started watching one that I've been interested in - season one of MI-5. If I decide to continue the service, it's less than $10 a month for unlimited computer viewing and two movies at a time. Renting one movie costs $3 for goodness sake so I think this will be worth it. But I'll give it a try and decide by the end of two weeks. And I can watch it on my computer in the office or on the laptop anywhere. Not bad, that.

I haven't started a new book yet but will look through the possibilities. I think I'm in the mood for a historical mystery now and I've got many at home from which to choose so I think the only problem will be with so many choices which one will be it. Isn't that a terrible dilemna? :)

I don't think Steve is going to do any projects tomorrow. He mentioned it might be fun to go to Best Buy to look around since we haven't done that in ages. This weekend we hope to go see the new James Bond movie. It will be crowded of course but we'll give it a go. THAT is something that has to be seen on the big screen.

I'm making chicken fried steak and bisquits tonight. I'm making gravy for Steve and I'll be using some of the vat of honey that Steve got from a friend. Have to do something with it.

Two mornings in a row I haven't heard the alarm go off. I don't think it actually went off yesterday because of the power flux we had turning off the settings but I absolutely did not hear it this morning. I was in the middle of a very involved dream though so maybe that accounts for it. I'll be up tomorrow before it goes off. Steve moves it to 8:00 for some reason though he never gets up until two or three hours later. Sheesh.

I hope all went well with JodyO today and she's enjoying the pain drugs and the Thursday Next books. I was thinking to day -- because I'm listening to the 2nd book myself again on cd in the car -- that it is something that she CAN read. They are very silly and funny books and I was thinking that maybe laughing is something she should avoid. Ah well. I also gave her the first book in the Alan Gordon Jester series. I absolutely adore those books. I got them from the library for her so there's no comittment either way. She can like them or not and there's no payment involved.

Time's up. Gotta go cook.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: