Friday, November 28, 2008

The Day After

The day after Thanksgiving. Black Friday. I am soooo glad I'm not working retail anymore. And I think it is wrong in so many ways that some stores open at 4 am. And I don't have words to say the opinion I have about the worker at Walmart back east who got trampled to death. Despicable; the worst sign of greed and lack of human-ness I've ever heard of.

The other nice thing is that I don't have to help with the Christmas parade tonight. Every year Steve's dad pulls a team of horses and a wagon for First Interstate Bank and Steve of course has to help and I of course have to help Steve. Last year I was sick so I didn't go. This year, Steve's brother is in town with his family and he has (snigger) VOLUNTEERED to help. This year there isn't snow but it will be in the 30s with nasty nasty wind. There is a possibility of snow/ice but I think that is expected over night after the parade. I could go anyway just for points sake but those points won't be big enough in Steve's world so why bother? I'll stay home and read and maybe watch the parade on tv while drinking a glass of wine. Lovely.

Otherwise, not much done today. I've done bedding laundry. I've walked Tug -- in that nasty wind. I dropped off thermals for Steve to wear tonight because he forgot them this morning. I had a lovely couple hours at M&D's and had a turkey on a bun with their nummy stuffing for lunch. I've been loved/mauled by a lab puppy. What more can you ask for?

I think I'm going to pick up some chili from Wendy's and Tug will be glad to have a ride. I can't think of anything else for dinner (I'll be eating alone because Steve will be gone for the parade from 4 until who knows?) and the only other thing I would have here is soup or caving in on some pizza which I shouldn't do. So chili it is and my puppy gets to tour the neighborhood.

Dinner yesterday at the Madsens was fine. We got there at about 3 and got home a little after 8. Same old stuff. :) And the Cowboys won! Good day all around.

I don't know what Steve has planned for tomorrow. His brother and family head back to Denver tomorrow so no plans there. It would be nice if he could just relax at home. He did head in early this morning and stopped by Sears for their Black Friday Doorbusters and got some stuff for the shop. He stopped by the gun show this afternoon and may go again tomorrow. That's what he'll do.

Currently reading TRIBUTE by Nora Roberts. A little cheesy for her but fluffy and I'm in the mood for fluffy. I have a paper due tomorrow so I'm plugging away on that as well.

Gotta change the laundry loads. Happy Thanksgiving a day later everyone.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: