Monday, November 17, 2008

Da Blues

Well, it turns out that my interview today is actually next Monday. Another week to get through. I got the official call from Rocky Mountain College -- they are not offering me the job because they're re-scoping it as a more "accountant" oriented position but they'll keep my resume on file....blah blah blah. It's not a surprise to me since I picked up that vibe during the interview (I'm overqualified and wouldn't stay in the position for long), I hadn't heard from them on Friday, and the big one: it was listed in the classified ads yesterday.

So I kinda got a case of the blues this afternoon. It will pass eventually. I try to keep my mind occupied/distracted. I watched a DVD, I cleaned the DVD bookcase in the family room, walked Tug, etc. The thing that bothers me is that I can't really concentrate to do serious work like working on my website or the class I'm doing or really homework for the class I'm finishing. I'm really good though at beating myself up about it. :)

But maybe I'll get the job next week. JodyO said she had put in for it too and they had called to set up an interview like me and she said when she found out that it wouldn't pay in the 50k range she wants that they'd be better with me and gave me a glowing review apparently. She needs to get away from the museum asap but she has a very high salary in mind that is non-negotiable to her but she is also available to move anywhere for a better job so her prospects are a bit better but she did say prospects anywhere really are not that great right now. (sigh)

I wish my unemployment checks would come in and I'd like to hear about the student loan application or actually get a check from that ... then I wouldn't be quite so anxious about things.

I still haven't settle down with a book, being so obsessed still with MI-5. But I should just get a nice steady mystery that I know will get my attention even though it won't grab me like the show. Maybe the next in series by Susanna Gregory.

Let's see, tonight should be Chuck on TV. Let me do a quick check. Hold one moment, please....Yup, and looks like other than Jon & Kate Plus 8 at the same time, nothing else is on. Maybe I can get another episode of MI-5 in later.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: