Saturday, November 29, 2008

Last minute details

Doh! I nearly forgot to post today.

I finished TRIBUTE by Nora Roberts. She always picks characters who have interesting jobs. In this case it was a former child star who is now a house rehabber/flipper and the guy is a well-known graphic novelist. Her grandmother was famous movie star who died mysteriously; the house she is now moving into and rehabbing used to belong to her. She is being harrassed by someone who hates her. He lives across the road. Love ensues of course and the mystery is solved although in this case it didn't really give enough of the story after the resolution in my opinion. A fluffy read but suited at the time.

I did spend a couple of very nice hours today looking over the books to be released in the next four months and I'm very very pleased that some of my favorite authors are going to be available then. I'll list them tomorrow since I'm at the wrong work station where I have things written down.

I turned in a paper today that I didn't really put much heart into so I hope it will pass muster. Steve and I went to get some groceries and then stopped by the gun show. I walked Tug afterward. We had taco salad for dinner and watched Cops. Just a nice solid day.

Last night was a wasted evening. Instead of reading or even watching something enjoyable I found myself stuck on the Hallmark channel watching two silly Christmas movies. Ugh. But I kept doing it. I was flipping channels between that and the Christmas parade but I couldn't watch the parade exclusively because one of the "commentators" was Corby Skinner who I can't stand. So I didn't Steve and his Dad on tv; I don't even know if they were really shown this year. I don't think they were. I did see the people behind them. Ah well. I'm only sorta glad I wasn't there; Dave was supposed to help but surprise surprise he didn't which is a replay of the Inauguration parade. I shouldn't trust him. So next year I have to be sure to be there -- I hope the weather isn't bad. :)

Now I think I'll watch an MI-5 episode before heading to bed. Life is hard ... not.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: