Friday, November 7, 2008

End of week two.......

Not much to say today. It's Friday so I took the pressure off myself to perform so I finished SALVATION IN DEATH by JD Robb, took a nap, got some laundry done, walked Tug, ran a couple errands.

BTW, SALVATION IN DEATH is a very very good entry in the series. Sorry I'm not going into detail on it right now. Maybe tomorrow.

I went to the library to pick up a DVD I had on hold. I knew that a book was going to shake loose any time but it wasn't ready when I got to the library at 4:30. Wouldn't you know, I'm looking at the library site at 6:30 and now it says it's ready. I'll have to go back tomorrow after I get groceries.

I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I have a job interview on Tuesday with Rocky Mountain College. It's a low-rung job and doesn't pay much but it's a job if it gets offered. It's database management for the development department. Once again, I'm looking at the job as a foot in the door job. I can't hang on for a dream job because unemployment doesn't pay a whole lot and I think Steve will be getting antsy in the not too far off future. I like the college; it's where I graduated from but I feel like I'm starting over again and I've got these damn two master's degrees and I can't get a decent paying job to save my life in this town.

I have been playing around with a story in my head but would require a lot of research. Another idea came to me today so maybe I'll play with that one first. Like I ever follow through on these things.

Steve is doing a job tomorrow so it'll be Tug and me again. I've been thinking that maybe for my birthday I would like to just get a pizza, a very small cake, and maybe watch a movie at home. No going out, no tempting of Steve getting in a bad mood, no so much money spent, etc.

I splurged a little and picked up Rocket burritos for dinner tonight. Perhaps celebrating getting through week two.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: