Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday again?

Doing this a little early today. I'm having a cup of coffee before I head out into the wind. It's freakin' windy out there, people.

Well, I've started the big project and a little way into it I realized it's a BIG PROJECT. Why didn't anyone stop me? :) I'm being very strict with myself and I'm going through the lot in the living room right now and the others later and asking myself "will I REALLY read this book?" And I'm making a big pile of things to be taken to the used bookstore. I haven't gotten to the point of being ruthless with myself when I ask that question but it may come to it when I get further in to this thing. I am truly liking being able to see all the books on the shelf and not have to remember what is behind and under, etc. We shall see; that's all I'm committing to.

I have to go to the grocery store today. I will probably stop by the library as well. I hope the winds die down for our walk this afternoon.

I didn't sleep very well last night for whatever reason and when I did sleep I had weird dreams. One of the reasons why I'm sucking down coffee right now is so I won't go back to bed.

I started watching a DVD I've got from the library; it's a British period drama called North and South based on a book by Elizabeth Gaskell. It's longer than I thought but I'm liking it.

I heard back from the job I applied for yesterday with a thank you but no thank response. They're quick. I must have REALLY not been what they were looking for.

Steve got a dividend check from the business this week and it is quite large so he's in the market for a gun or two before the gun situation changes in the next administration. He says there is such a huge run on guns right for the same reason that it's difficult to find anything and prices are going way up. He also gave me some money to put in my account since I have auto deduct on some payments like mortgage and car insurance and I haven't received my unemployment money yet. It takes the scariness off a little for me. I know he's not happy having to part with what he's earned and I know it's hard for him to go to work every day while I stay home. So far he's kept any real negativity to a minimum.

I think I just heard my phone upstairs so I'll jot off now. Happy weekend everyone....

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: