Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's Tuesday, right?

It is amazingly warm outside. I think the weather channel said a record-breaking near 70 today and we're just a few days away from Thanksgiving. Strange. Poor Tug was just panting like crazy during our walk. Too warm for him. He misses snow.

Not much to report today. I applied for another job this morning; this would have prospects of a good salary. It is Administrator for the Billings Municiple Court. Not nonprofit but a good position. It closes on Friday so maybe they would do interviews next week before the holiday. That's the bugger in all these job possibilities: the holidays make it difficult for hunters because businesses sometimes hold off making big decisions until after them. But I keep trying and it takes the edge off the anxiety for the day when I can take action toward employment.

I looked at other job listings but nothing new or possible. I watched another episode of MI-5. Vacuumed the stairs (I HATE vacuuming the stairs -- that and folding clothes).

I haven't really gotten into any books yet. I've been listening to the second book of the Thursday next series - LOST IN A GOOD BOOK. These are very very clever and funny books by Jasper Fforde and they are almost impossible to describe other than they are British Comedy along the lines of Monty Python.

This morning I kinda got on a Shakespeare/Elizabethan kick so I picked up some books from the library. That's the only thing I can do when these obsessions hit -- go the library and check out items that I probably won't get to at all but at least I've assuaged the urge. I'm just weird and have a wide variety of interests. It's funny the books I got on this topic came from a variety of sources: a cassette audio, a cd audio, a juvenile book, a trade paperback and a hardcover. One of everything, please!

Last night we watched Chuck which was hilarious as always. Then I popped in a DVD of one of my favorite quirky films: Local Hero. I have to watch it every couple years. Just a lovely film.

Today's blog title comes from the fact that I'm starting to get lost in what days are since weekdays are pretty much the same as weekends lately.

So now it's late afternoon, I'm sitting in the red chaise, I've got a cup of coffee nearby, and I think I'll browse through my library books.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: