Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Update

I was thinking why I haven't really been making much progress in some of the other projects I could be working on -- the workbook, the class I'll be teaching next summer, etc. I just can't really concentrate on much heavy duty stuff right now. I can't even really read the newspaper either. I'm getting through on MI-5 episodes and British period dramas. I haven't even been able to commit to a book to read.

Although I did read one in the past 24 hours. It was the autobiography of Lisa Williams who is a psychic from the UK. She had a show on Lifetime last year that even Steve would watch with me. She's a very personable ... person. So this book was a breezy quick respite from the book drought.

I'm working on the "L's" on the organizing my books Project and in the middle of bookcase number three which is downstairs in my office. This will be lovely when it's done but then I have to list all the books I'm getting rid of on bookswap.com or something similar. Some of the discards won't be leaving the house immediately unfortunately.

The holidays are beginning. Steve's brother and his family arrive this evening from Denver. I believe they'll be heading back Saturday. We got invited over for dinner (lasagna) at his parents' home but Steve says he's too tired tonight and I imagine Dave and Carey will also be pretty knocked out from being on the road all day and doing the trip with a baby for the first time. Tomorrow, Steve's sister and her family arrive but we won't be doing dinner with them tomorrow evening as well since Steve has shooting (he's in charge of set up and take down even if he didn't feel like shooting). Basically, it will be a Thursday/Friday thing for us (phew). Friday will be the Christmas parade.

I applied for a federal job today online; very very good salary. It's a long shot but you never know. My unemployment claim has now been approved (it only took a month) and I hope a check will show up tomorrow.

I got the first Netflix movie today. Until now I had been only ordering shows that I could watch immediately on my computer. This was the first disc of season two of MI-5, the two shows on it are ones I've already seen but I wanted to watch the additional features that are on the DVD and not available in the online version. I've only got the last episode of the season two to watch now and I don't want to view until I have the first of season three in my hands (not available online, darnit) because I know it ends in a cliffhanger and I don't want to be left hanging for very long. There are only three episodes left that include my favorite character which is very sad but I will probably continue with the series. The show itself I think went into seven years of episodes with a rather changing cast over that period of time.

No comments: