Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Count down to T-Day

For not really having to do anything, the days go by very quickly for me and I find I don't get things done that I wanted. It's a strange phenomena.

I went to Walmart to pick up some things; some items for us and a couple things to bring to dinner tomorrow. I stopped by Albertsons for some wine that I may also bring tomorrow. It is Sutter Home White Merlot that my BIL Scott had introduced when they were up in October. Good stuff for wine. Then I went to the library ... more on that in a minute. Next, Steve and I had lunch at Pug Mahons with Dave, Carey, and Lauren. Lauren is 10 months now and good baby size. She's got very large blue eyes and very alert. I had the reuben, of course. I got home and at long last my unemployment check was in the mail so Tug and I went to the Credit Union to deposit it and get a cookie (for Tug). Then we walked. It had warmed up by the afternoon but now the sun is setting and the wind looks like it is picking up.

Steve is going shooting tonight and if things go well then Dave will meet him there. I think Dave is trying to avoid his sister, unfortunately Carey couldn't use the same excuse. Jackie and kids were supposed to arrive at 11:30-ish since they drove halfway last night. Tomorrow will be fun but also a trial so I'm hoping we'll be able to have the wine -- only Dave and Carey and maybe Jackie and I would be drinking it. It would take the edge off, eh?

I'll be watching Stylista and maybe House Hunters tonight. I sent back the Netflix movie today and probably the soonest I could get the next would be Friday, I'm thinking. The good news is that I received today the MI-5 Season One DVD (happy happy) that I got super cheap on eBay so I can watch the first two discs' director's comments while the next one gets to me. I gotta get my MI-5 fix. :)

So, I went to the library as I mentioned previously. I've started reading the next in series for me of the Susanna Gregory series and it has perhaps shifted away my reading slump. I did pick up some books and DVDs while at the library:

  • TRIBUTE by Nora Roberts (I don't read much romance but she's very good)
  • A BITTER CHILL by Jane Finnis (2nd in roman histmyst series)
  • BROTHER CADFAEL'S PENANCE by Ellis Peters (the last in the series and I believe the last that I still need to read in this series -- how sad, good series)
  • DEATH AND THE CHAPMAN by Kate Sedley (1st in medieval series I've been meaning to get to)
  • PRIVATE WARS by Greg Rucka (2nd of 2 in Queen and Country series - spies)
  • SECRET ASSET by Stella Rimington (2nd of 3 in series of MI-5 spies -- can you tell I'm in the mood for spies?)

DVDs:
  • PRIME SUSPECT 3
  • PRIME SUSPECT 4 (I haven't seen 2 yet but this is a good Brit crime series featuring Helen Mirren and they were on the shelf. I thought they'd get me through while waiting for the next MI-5 DVD from Netflix)
  • WIFES AND DAUGHTERS - another Brit Period Drama (BPD)

So maybe I'll get back to reading. Wouldn't that be nice? I think maybe I'll start with the Nora Roberts as that's a 14-day book.

So tomorrow we're expected no later than 3:30 at the Madsens. I expect Steve will sleep in quite a while. I'll walk Tug. I don't know exactly when we'll get there but it would be better to be earlier than that although I know we'll be there into the evening. And I'll have to do the dishes with the help of some of the others -- Alice will be banished except to direct where dishes are to be put away.

I'm very glad we're not having dinner here. I would not be able to afford it; I would be a wreck with trying to clean everywhere with very little help; you can't control when people come and when they finally leave. No thank you. But we do have the better tv system for watching football so that will be a negative. But this year there will be a baby to oggle over so that will take some pressure off. :)

I don't know yet what I'll make for myself for dinner since it's just me. I toyed with the idea of getting something while I was grocery shopping but I talked myself out of it. I may have spaghetti with olive oil. I'm getting kinda tired of my daily soup. If I were really bad I'd splurge and either order a pizza (!) or get something from Mustard Seed. I don't think I should be that bad. I did have a big lunch. Think think think...

I got Tug a knuckle bone to chew on tonight after Steve leaves. Maybe that will keep him occupied for oh, 15 minutes. :)

So I guess not a bad day altogether. It has gone by fast.

No comments: