Monday, November 24, 2008

What I DON'T want for Christmas

Borrowing from Paperback Writer....

What I don't want for Christmas:

  1. Clothes. I hate the dread of things not fitting or not really being my taste. If you must, a gift card to CJ Banks would work. I don't do scarves. I don't do turtlenecks.
  2. Knick Knacks. My MIL is the queen of this. I don't like 'em, I don't want 'em, they just need dusting and take up room. Uck. No. This includes windchimes, candles, teapots, etc.
  3. Books. No really. I adore books but I usually have a list going of what I would like to purchase so again, a gift card would be much appreciated.
  4. Kitchen stuff. I'm not that inventive when I cook, nor is Steve that inventive in eating. It just takes up counter space. New counters on the other hand.... :)
  5. Food. We really don't need that in the house because we eat them, you know, the baked goods and candies and stuff at the holidays.
  6. Jewelry. I wear the things I love. Adding more options just confuses things.

What would I like?

  1. A job. Pays well (40k range will do), M-F, 8-5, preferably in the nonprofit field so I can use my degrees.
  2. A vacuum that will last for decades. Mine isn't working anymore. Not romantic but needful.
  3. Gift card to Amazon or Amazon.uk. Heaven.
  4. DVDs. I can create a list, no problem.
  5. Gift card to Walmart so I can buy groceries ... until that #$!@#$ unemployment check shows up it's getting a little tight. Oh and those utility bills.

Honestly, I have everything I need. A secure roof over my head, a car that works, entertainment like crazy at home... life is good and I don't need a damn thing ... except a new vacuum.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: