Thursday, August 21, 2008

082108

Oy, I'm completely stuffed up today. Make this cold go away. Or me away from this cold. Feels like my head is going to explode. Wish it would; just like Mars Attacks. :)

Watched a good movie last night: The Jane Austen Book Club. I had tried to read the book a couple years ago but didn't really get into it even though I truly love Jane Austen's books. The movie focused more on the six characters meeting each month (it is hard to make watchiing people read exciting) and perhaps it was the casting that made it work for me. Yes, there was some contrived situations, but it just clicked. Maria Bello, Hugh Dancy, Amy Brennaman, Emily Blount, Kathy Baker, etc. I'd like to have it for my collection. Of course, a movie about reading is ready-made for me.

The situation at the library resolved itself. They must have found the two books I returned that they hadn't checked in and had me blocked on. About bloody time.

Work: Tweaks to the Playbill contributors list. Will it never go away? Should begin the PVP annual report. And I'd like to be able to call the SACs that haven't renewed yet but have to get Sandi's permission before doing so. She didn't want me to a couple weeks ago but we're down quite a bit right now.

Reading: Getting close to finished DEATH'S HALF ACRE by Margaret Maron. Will give it to Mom tomorrow probably. Next up, I think, is OXYGEN by Carol Wiley Cassella. I was finally notified that the book I ordered is now available, Priscilla Royal's Forsaken Soul. Took them over two weeks. Not impressed. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow before getting my haircut. That may have to jump the queue.

TV: only really if I want to take time away from reading. Nothing pressing but there could be some time wasters.

More later...

Later: Oh lord, I just noticed that a book I really really really want to read was released on Tuesday and I completely spaced it! Elizabeth Peters' new Vicky Bliss!!!! Holy schmoley, I have to get that immediately! Will have to make time for a trip to the bookstore today, not tomorrow. This is serious business, people.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: