Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday 080808

08-08-08 Pretty cool.

Work: sponsorship letters out. Sent Joseph Sample a letter back, ha! A short day today; done at 1:00

Reading: the same though one of my used book orders came in: THE FILM CLUB by David Gilmour. It's not a long book and will be a quick read. It's a memoir of a film critic who lets his 16-year old son drop out of school and not have to work or pay rent but he has to watch three movies a week with his dad. I like it for peeks into movies he chooses. Would I allow a kid of mine to do this? Hell no. A. I would not allow a kid to drop out of shool whatsoever and B. the kid would have to get at least a full time job if not adding a part time job on top of that. Welcome to the real world, Kid.

TV: I don't think so though I should watch a movie or something.

Yesterday's walk with Tug, though in the mid-90s, was the extra long walk again. I've got it in my system now and don't want to give it up. I walked him this morning -- just the regular route - because it was cooler and we could get an extra one in before I left for work. I should do this every day instead of going back to bed for 45 minutes. I know the morning walk won't count and we'll have to go again this afternoon but that's just extra exercise for me and that's a good thing.

After work I should run some errands though money is dear. I need to go to Walmart for some needed things and could pick up some extras. I'd like to to go Alltel and get wireless Internet going for my laptop but that could wait a couple weeks.

I don't think I'll be going to Steve's shooting tournament tomorrow because I will go to the Great Falls one next week with him. Next week we'd have to leave on Friday and stay overnight in a hotel since it starts so early in the morning. I have to make a reservation at the kennel for Tug. We could leave somewhat early if Steve could get off work in the afternoon which he thinks he can. Tomorrow, it's just going to be hot and I'd get drafted to help with the scoring so why do it? Better to get the chores done.

I've had a headache this morning and I don't know why. I hope it's not a caffeine thing though I know I've been drinking more of it than I'd like. I took aspirin this morning after the walk but it doesn't seem to be helping. I'm drinking water to see if that will help. Speaking of water, oh joy, my bottle of water opened in my purse on the way to work and dumped 2/3s of it into the contents. NOT what I needed today.

The news today is riveting. What does Russia hope to gain? I don't care about the Olympics to be honest, but current events... Reminds of the bumper sticker: Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: