Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday 081508

Halfway through the month. Incredible. We're going to be on the road later so I wanted to be sure to get today's entry done. I haven't missed a day yet (knock wood).

Work: I'm working on a spreadsheet of contributors for the Playbill. The database program we have doesn't give a total for people who've given more than once so I have to go through and make those changes. I came in early again today so I can leave at noon. The auditors are STILL here. Will they ever leave? At least they're nice people. (LATER) Do you know what I hate? Sandi just came in and showed me a signed sponsorship agreement letter she just apparently picked up from KTVQ. She asked if this was a letter I sent out. I looked and yes. She said well I usually have it for blah blah -- basically saying this letter was wrong and she was going to do another one for this business. SHE LOOKED OVER AND APPROVED EACH AND EVERY SPONSORSHIP LETTER THAT WENT OUT THAT DAY. And now that a business probably said something to her, she puts the blame on me. Low. I'm doing this for the experience and I'm a professional; I'm doing this for experience and I'm a professional....

Reading: HA! I DID have the Reginald Hill A PINCH OF SNUFF in my personal stash. So I'll be finishing that soon (hopefully tonight) and I think next up will be THE LAST REFUGE by Chris Knopf. Although for the trip it would be easier to bring along a paperback instead of a hardback. I'll have to think about that. I called B&N about the book I ordered and due some mix up in their distributing, I won't be getting it until next week. Thanks. It would have been nice to have that along today.

TV: not for a couple days. Well, I'm sure Steve will have something on in the hotel room.

I wound up walking Tug myself last night as I got home and got groceries put away before Steve got home. It was actually a little chilly as it is again today. Tomorrow is supposed to be up in the 90s again I thought I saw. Just in time for us to be out in it all day on the shooting range.

So today after work I have to run home to grab Tug to get him to the kennel. I still have to pack clothes and stuff for the road trip -- one day only so it won't be much. Steve is supposed to get off at 12:30. He said we're not in any rush to get going but I say the sooner on the road and the sooner settled in, the better. I'm bringing my laptop so I can be online or maybe even bring a movie to watch. At the range though I don't think I'd better risk running the battery out. We'll see. We'll probably listen to talk radio on the drive and have stuff to talk about from it. It is frowned upon if I try to read (sheesh). But I can't listen to the radio at work so it will be nice to listen and get caught up on what's happening in that medium.

I'm bummed that the next Harry Potter movie has been pushed back six months. It was supposed to be out in November but now it will be a next summer release. Just wrong. It's that blockbuster mentality that ruins it. I should re-read the book.

I spent the morning reading my emails. I have seven 4MA digests to read but I'll save those for tonight. I get updates from WSJ of essentials happening in the morning, afternoon, and then evening and then an additional Editorials and early headlines notification. Love it. I also get a mediabistro email every morning of headlines involving the media specifically. And let's see, Steve was catching up on his emails last night apparently so I got some responses to things I had sent to him, usually political stuff. Yeah, we're into that. I can't wait for both conventions to watch on tv. It's almost like the Superbowl. Twice. :) Oh, and I bet JodyO will be watching the Dems at least so I can taunt her for a few days! How fun! Then she'll probably return the favor.

I was trying to think of what I did last night because I know I didn't get on the laptop. I did some weekend cleaning early so when we came home Saturday night, I wouldn't face a lot of cleaning on Sunday. Steve was making bullets in the garage for the match tomorrow. Oh, and I did get on the computer downstairs to do some surfing and found the Hill book in my bookcases. Groceries, walk Tug, dinner, clean ... hmm, can't think of anything else except read a few pages. How...eventful (said with tongue in cheek).

I'm thinking of somewhat participating in a couple book challenges out there but I'll post about that another time. That will be a good lengthy topic.

Projects: business plan email to the professor, read over ephilanthropy paper.

If I have time, I'll try to check in later.

LATER: Well, we're here at the motel. Not a great place but not a bad place. We had a late start -- not surprising with Steve. We got to Great Falls shortly after 7 pm. The hotel we stayed at last time was booked so this is a new to us. It's in the middle of downtown. Had dinner and then came to the room. Initially, there was a problem: the room Steve had reserved was smoking so we were able to get a nonsmoking but the bed is a "queen." The other room had a king and this queen is really a small double. So he was beating himself up about that while I was trying to calm him down. Things were fine until Steve asked what the thing on the side of my computer was and then he wasn't happy to learn that I got the Internet hookup for the laptop against his wishes. How I choose to use my paycheck is my business -- and how much does he spend in a year on his guns? Hmmm? But I don't really say these things because it would do no good -- he's made up his mind to mad at me on this. So then I got the silent treatment and now he's going to sleep while I do some surfing. And this after I ironed his shirt for him for tomorrow! Why does stuff like this have to happen? I should have just stayed home, I guess. It's always about his emotions and how he'll react. Tiring. I suppose I should shut down now, it's after 10. Tomorrow will be a long day of pretty much boredom for me while Steve shoots from 8:30 until, what, 3 or 4? And then the long drive back but that's what I signed on for.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: