Saturday, August 23, 2008

082308

Biden, huh. I think that gave him a big shot in the foot. I don't think it will help him but he needed experience from somewhere. I promised this wouldn't be a political blog so that's all I'm saying.

My eyes are bothering me more today than yesterday it seems. I think they're getting better with the medication but I'm more aware of them bugging me today. I may have to do the audiobook route. But when I close them to rest them, they get stuck shut. I hate this.

Last night I watched The Third Man (1949) on TCM channel. Here's the summary from www.imdb.com:
An out of work pulp fiction novelist, Holly Martins, arrives in a post war Vienna divided into sectors by the victorious allies, and where a shortage of supplies has lead to a flourishing black market. He arrives at the invitation of an ex-school friend, Harry Lime, who has offered him a job, only to discover that Lime has recently died in a peculiar traffic accident. From talking to Lime's friends and associates Martins soon notices that some of the stories are inconsistent, and determines to discover what really happened to Harry Lime.

Great actors in it - Joseph Cotton, Trevor Howard, Orson Welles. It is described as noir but I don't see it that way at all. Noir is more a doomed man digs himself deeper and the cinematography is all different. This is a straight-forward mystery of how did Harry Lime die and what is being covered up by his death in Vienna. The cinematography was BEAUTIFUL. I'm glad I stuck with it.

Reading: About halfway through FORSAKEN SOUL by Priscilla Royal. Something a little bit different in this book than her others though I can't really put my finger on it.

TV: I didn't stay to watch the whole game of the Cowboys last night but the Steelers play tonight so we'll probably watch that.

Steve was going to get up early today to go do some work but he was up and then went back to bed so I'm thinking it's a late start or completely off. He needs to mow the lawn big time. I'm doing clothes laundry and will vacuum when Steve gets up again. There is a nap in my future; I got up at 6:30, per usual.

I think tonight we'll have buffalo burgers and corn on the cob. Sounds very summery, eh?

More later if it happens...

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: