Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday 080708

Work: Sponsorship agreement letters written.

Reading: Still THE RESTLESS SLEEP by Stacy Horn.

TV: don't have plans for it

I'm a bit tired today. Steve didn't get home last night from shooting until about 10:30. I wasn't concerned because he sometimes stays and talks to the guys or has once or twice met with Hair Dave at Wendy's afterward and I've learned the hard way that to try to keep too close of tabs on him is discouraged. No, apparently he had another low sugar attack while shooting and it really hit while he was driving home and wound up driving to Wendy's and then to the shop and then home while being pretty much out of his mind. This scares me to no end. He could have died. Long story short when he got home he was better because he got some sugar in him eventually. But then we got into an argument because he was saying that I should have called and checked on him since he was so late because he's never that late. My temper went through the roof on that. I'm somehow supposed to know -- spider sense tingling or something? -- that he's in trouble and not chatting with someone. He can't put that kind of responsibility on me. He did agree to see a doctor because this has been happening too frequently. So this morning I made an appointment; the first date I could get was August 19th at 8 am. I'll be going with him to make sure this actually happens. I'm tired of this and it's been over ten years since he's seen a doctor about his diabetes.

So this has kinda put a damper on my day, mood-wise. I am just not jolly today. I did have lunch with Dotti at The Soup Place which was very nice. And she did open up about why she's leaving the YAM and I don't really blame her. Critiques on one's work is one thing but on one's character is not appropriate. That's all I'll say because I promised to keep what she said confidential. She's going to be doing parttime or freelance accounting stuff and she may be interested in helping the Symphony. It would be great to see her every so often if she did. I had never been to that lunch place before; it was good. I had the Cuban sandwich which came on a toasted hoagie bun and interesting flavors inside. I'd eat there again, especially in the colder months to try their soups.

I've got to walk Tug after work and it's freakin' 95 degrees out. We had a really good long walk yesterday but I don't think we'll be doing that route today. Steve and the guy who got him involved in the MS bike ride in September made plans to bike this evening at 6 but maybe they'll push it off until a little later when there's a chance of being cooler - the upper 80s. But there is a possibility of thunderstorms too, weather.com said. Playing it by ear, I'm sure. Dinner will have to be the same. Whichever side of the bike ride is when we'll eat. Nothing fancy.

I'm tired. I'm not cranky but not happy, serious outlook, and I don't want to do anything more today. Just want to go home.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster


No comments: