Friday, August 29, 2008

082808

Gotta say it: VP choice. At first I was saying "Who the hell?!?" But the more I'm learning the more I'm very much liking at first look. Listening to her introducing speech, she is no pushover. She's almost perfect; the only downside is that she's not got a lot of years or seasoning under her belt. McCain had better stay healthy. Interesting though.

Today I finally get my hair cut -- very much looking forward to getting this done at last. I hope (fingers crossed) it turns out well and that I don't regret it. Such a scary thing to trust someone to make you look good.

Work: Tying up some threads from the week.

Reading: Still with LAUGHTER OF DEAD KINGS by Elizabeth Peters.

TV: I think I'm finally free

I think tonight we are stopping by the in-laws; Steve's sister and her kids and I think one of his aunts is in town. We were potentially going last night for dinner but I had already taken out chicken to thaw and it was such short notice that we decided not to. Tonight was better timing for us.

This long weekend I don't think we have any plans other than the usual weekend stuff. I think Steve may do some work tomorrow and I'm hoping to take JodyO to lunch tomorrow because it's her birthday. Otherwise, relaxing before things pick up again. The next weekend Steve has his bike ride; the following weekend is the first concert for the Symphony which will be all day thing.

So, I'll get time to be on the computer, do some reading. You can tell it's a holiday weekend: there are fewer cars on the streets so I imagine a lot of people have left town as early as yesterday. Where do they go? They always go somewhere.

I don't really have anything more to add right now.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: