Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday 080208

Yesterday was momentous.

First, we got new cell phones. It took all afternoon. We first checked out Verizon and was very turned off by the level of service there and just a negative attitude feeling. So we went to Alltel and it took a while but finally got helped. I got a red Samsung and Steve got a KRZR. I don't really need a camera on my phone but it's hard to find one without anymore. So we're set for another two years I guess.

Steve went to Best Buy to get his accessories for his phone and decided to get the laptop that I needed. The deal is that I pay him back a bit at a time for the next couple months. He didn't get the cheap one that I had suggested. I don't know how much he spent but it had to be a lot. It's an HP with stuff already on it that I know jacks up the price. It's got MS Office which I need but adds at least $150 off the top. It's got better all-round performance in memory and processing speed. And it has a webcamera -- again, I don't need cameras, sheesh. I do love it though. I turned it on last night and it will be wonderful. I need to figure out a cheap way to get Internet access. Next project. But now I can work on the computer upstairs or watch DVDs when Tug throws a fit that I'm downstairs in the evenings.

I was busy this morning. I woke up at my weekday time, unfortunately, 5:45. I took Tug for a drive to check out bank drive through times and later a walk before it got too warm. I got groceries; I went to the bank. I picked up holds at the library; got lunch for Steve and me. Doing laundry and vacuumed upstairs; took a nap. Steve is now napping downstairs so I have to wait to vacuum there.

Tonight I believe we're going to see the new Batman movie. The Dark Knight. I've heard very very good things about it but I've also heard it goes beyond dark and there are too many explosions. But this is one that definitely has to be seen in the theatre.

Reading: Still reading FINAL THEORY by Mark Alpert. It is venturing into thriller territory -- not always for the better -- but I'm not turning it away yet. I picked up THE BLACKSTONE KEY by Rose Melikan and THE STREETS OF BABYLON by Carina Burman. Both are hystmyst.

TV: nothing.

I am just disgusted by the behavior in the House yesterday. And no one is talking about it. (the media) I want my country back.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: