Saturday, August 30, 2008

083008

Saturday!

Had lunch with JodyO at PitaPit and talked for a couple hours. Very very nice. Stopped by the library to pick up holds -- more in a bit. Now working on laundry of towels and bedding and finished vacuuming upstairs and down.

Last night we went to the Madsens to visit with family members visiting. Wasn't bad but they're trying to get together again today and tomorrow as various people show up and I think that's a little too much for me. I encouraged Steve to get together with his cousins by himself as I have done with my visiting cousins but so far they haven't been in contact. Makes me a little nervous for impending phone calls. I don't really want to do anything with them tonight. I have to take advantage of down time to read. :)

Reading. About to finish LAUGHTER OF DEAD KINGS by Elizabeth Peters. Fluffy but nice to visit. From the library I have four new ones: SWEETHEART by Chelsea Cain - her second after the fabulous HEARTSICK; a historical by Louis Bayard called THE BLACK TOWER; the lastest from William Kent Krueger's series called RED KNIFE; and Michael Harvey's second of his PI series -- his first one was called THE CHICAGO WAY which was really good -- this one is called THE FIFTH FLOOR. So for the next week and a bit I'll be working on these. I also picked up the next in the Lindsey Davis Roman hystmyst series and the second in the great series by Christopher Fowler. So I'm not hurting for reading material just from the library alone. (sigh) Wonderful but daunting.

TV: I don't think there is anything really pressing tonight. TCM is featuring Katherine Hepburn movies but I'll not take advantage (see above paragraph).

Today is supposed to be hottest of the week at around 95 and then drop like a stone for the next couple. I need to walk Tug here pretty quick. Steve didn't go work today because Pacific was closed for the holiday so I'm glad he wasn't out in this. I haven't had the need for a nap yet today but I'm thinking it will hit after the walk. I woke at 5:30 and tried to sleep some more; finally got up a little before 7.

Got my copy of THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATOO by Steig Larson back today from Texas. I haven't missed it but I'll get to it eventually, maybe even this year. :)

Can't think of much else right now. Later if it happens...

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: