Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday 081808

I have to remember to get a card to Lisa for her birthday out today.

Health: some puffiness around the eyes but not nearly as bad as yesterday. Still a little itchy. I slept a LOT yesterday. Decided to not go to the walk-in clinic today as there was improvement but may go tomorrow if no change. Would love to take a nap. Still have sinus pressure and plugged ears from the cold. When I was well enough yesterday afternoon I drove (with the baby Tug) to the corner store and got some allergy medicine to see if that would help, especially with the itchy eyes - it's the non-drowsy kind. Maybe it helps; maybe it doesn't, I can't tell really because I'd have to compare itchiness simultaneously on the drugs and off and that just can't be done. (okay, maybe I'm feverish because I'm rambling) Yesterday I was noticing that my face looked like it had been burned across the upper cheeks and up into the middle of my forehead. Maybe this is really is sun related. Oh, and it didn't help that a zit decided to surface on the corner of my mouth at the same time. I feel like a troll. I just want to be well and healthy.

Work: working on the playbill spreadsheet. Mostly done but no one put down who the memorials were for in database so now I must somehow go through a lot of paperwork to try to recreate this. A lot of unnecessary work but I'll get to that after lunch.

Reading: didn't do any yesterday other than the papers in the evening -- giving my eyes a rest. I have a hold to pick up at the library: the new Margaret Maron so that's good news.

TV: lots of tv tonight. The Closer, Jon & Kate Plus 8, Paranormal State and a Fox news thing on the candidates today and tomorrow.

Well, let's see, Steve is talking to me again as of dinner last night. I don't know. It's a Jeckell/Hyde thing with him. We haven't said anymore about the laptop internet but I'll be cancelling it tomorrow. The good thing is that it is still within the trial period so I don't have to pay the cancellation fee (yipes). Makes me not happy, but peace in the house is better. I always give in. You know, I was thinking Friday night about Steve's behavior and anger in general. It is sort of like a kid throwing a tantrum and you curb that bad behavior in strategic ways but I guess I have never done that with Steve. Basically, I haven't had the strength to deal with the immediate fall out though in the long run the result would be better. You know, something along the lines of "No [slap on the nose] , I will not discuss this with you until you can behave better. Now go to your room and think about it." Wouldn't that be fun?

So, just getting through the day, walking Tug, dealing with dinner, then relaxing and then climbing into bed. Is it the weekend yet?

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: