Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday 081408

Feeling better today at last. Wasn't stuffy upon wakening though the nose is still an issue and sneezing. Just a little bit tired rather than weary all over. On the upswing hopefully.

Work: Training on the ticketing program. (later) Actually learning a lot. I'm not as negative about the program we have now. It will take a lot of work to get it functioning at a higher level but the possibilities are there that I didn't know about. The day and the training has been well worth it.

Reading: didn't finish the Hill so I'll have to seek it elsewhere as it had to be turned in today. I wonder if I have that one actually in my stock. I should check that. Watch, it's one that I don't so I'll have to wait a month or whatever for whomever has put a hold on it to finish with before I can check it out again. Spent last night doing other things mostly.

TV: nothing

I got the Internet hookup for the laptop. Had initial problems getting it set up. Apparently when you plug the thing in during installation its supposed to read some information like the phone number and a couple other numbers but it didn't so eventually I called tech support and it was a quick fix after that. It's very convenient now to have a full service computer upstairs. Next I need to get a carrying case and it's easier to use a mouse so I'll scrounge that.

I have to go to Walmart after work to get groceries. A lot of groceries. We're out or just eking by on just about everything. Steve will walk Tug for me if I'm not home in a timely manner. I wish the notification from B&N would come. I could do it all in one trip. Maybe I should call them.


So tonight otherwise I could read if I find something new to start -- and the possibilities are actually nearly endless -- or work on the laptop.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: